Joie de Vivre Revamps Custom Hotel Near LAXJul 28, 2011
Joie de Vivre has breathed new life into the Custom Hotel near LAX with a mod 1960s aesthetic. The amenities, however, are ultra-modern. For instance, each floor has a different color and graphic pattern. In rooms, guests will be able to personalize their room with a color-changing LED lighting system installed in the soundproof windows. The hotel includes six distinct lounges:
- Layover Lounge: Located in the main lobby and featuring communal tables with power outlets and seating hubs for impromptu meetings.
- Transonic: Electronic gaming lounge equipped with Xbox Kinect and Wii game stations, as well as a 55-inch flatscreen TV with surround sound.
- LAX Lounge: Inspired by the airport VIP lounge, this space features plush seating, flight departure display, PC, printer for boarding passes, work desks, and a large TV.
- Stratosphere: 12th floor relaxation room with rich leather massage chairs, calming music, and a tranquil atmosphere.
- Duty Free
- Axis Annex: Eighth-floor art gallery, a collaboration between Joie de Vivre and students from the nearby Otis College of Art and Design